What We Offer:
Firstly we would like to point out that within our 'In Bloom' section of the website we have tried to give a rough idea of what we hope to have in flower each month. Please understand that plants are somewhat unpredictable and blossoming times can vary depending on the weather, particularly during periods of cold and extreme heat- this can effect flowering times. We have included plant lists of the species we usually grow, along with photographs of previous years crops for each month.
If you are considering coming to us to pick for a wedding/event where larger quantities are required, we recommend you contact us via email in good time prior to your event.
We invite you to come and take up a pair of snips and fill:
- either a small bucket with beautiful blooms of your choice, for a child to give as a posy, an indulgence for yourself or as an individual gift to a friend,
- A larger bucket/s for flower arranging, weddings and more personalised celebrations on a slightly larger scale.
On Arrival At The Cutting Garden:
- We will supply you with a bucket size of your choice and a pair of snips. We suggest allowing yourself enough time to consider all of the flowers and foliage fully in order to be aware of what is available before cutting (as you will appreciate that all cut flowers need to be paid for).
- Once you have filled your bucket/s, we give you the choice of either taking the bucket/s with you or having your flowers wrapped.
- Please hand all snips in when you have finished.
- We suggest wearing suitable footwear in the garden and bring a raincoat if necessary!
- Children are very welcome but we request that they are - please - supervised at all times.
- Dogs are permitted on leads within Hill House Nursery and gardens.
- For customers requiring large amounts of produce, it is important to make an appointment in order to discuss availability etc.
- There is easy access to car parking at Hill House Nursery, alongside the tea rooms for light lunches and refreshments in a ‘timeless away from it all environment’, in the garden.